Neuro-rehabilitation Care and Support Services
Through our services at Craegmoor, we provide leading person-centred neuro-rehabilitation programmes that are bespoke to the severity and complexity of a person’s particular neuro-disability. This includes Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) or neuro-degenerative conditions such as Motor Neurone Disease or Multiple Sclerosis.
We offer rehabilitation for adults in a community residential setting to develop a greater independence, and for those who are medically stable, reintegration into the community.
Our specialist services
We work to an interdisciplinary team model of rehabilitation for service users with a brain injury and a 24 hour rehab approach through a dedicated team of rehab support workers. This is based on the experience gained by the team working in the field of brain injury rehabilitation and is grounded by national guidelines. Our services specialise in the following areas of neuro-rehabilitation:
- Assessment and rehabilitation of prolonged disorders of consciousness
(low awareness or minimally conscious) including SMART® assessment
- Postural and spasticity management with onsite use of botulinum toxin therapy
- Dysphagia management/PEG and PEJ fed patients
- Nutritional assessment and review
- The use of assistive communication and augmentative technology
- Sensory regulation and stimulation management programmes
- Cognitive rehabilitation and functional retraining
- Management of violence and aggression
- Fully equipped gyms, featuring tilt tables, treadmills, exercise bikes and balance trainers
- Integration into the community through graded support.
Our services do vary geographically.
A multi-skilled interdisciplinary team
Because every person is unique, everyone we support has different needs. We bring together an experienced team of specialists to develop and provide a treatment and support plan that is tailored to each individual’s circumstances. The interdisciplinary team includes:
- Assistant Psychologists
- Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Consultant in Rehabilitation medicine
- Therapy Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Social and Recreation Co-ordinators
- Speech and Language Therapists
Contact us today
Our focus is on enablement and helping those we support to regain their daily living skills and return to living independently in the community or in supported living accommodation.
For more information on the support services Craegmoor can offer, please contact us on 01905 828830, alternatively click here to complete an enquiry form.