Located in Preston, Lancashire, The Oaks is a specialist residential service for up to six adults with autism and learning disabilities. We provide a safe and supportive environment where individuals can progress to lead a more independent and fulfilling life.
The people that live here are supported using a person-centred approach, providing a package of care and support that meets the individuals goals and aspirations. We understand that each person has different needs, interests and hobbies, which is why personal input is so important. Our aim is to deliver a high quality service that enables people to maximise their independence.
- Six bedded home with two of the bedrooms having en-suite facilities
- Spacious communal areas including a lounge, dining room and kitchen/diner
- One flat consisting of a bedroom with an en-suite and lounge area
- Person-centred approach through both community and home-based activities
- A highly skilled and dedicated staff team
- ‘Your Voice’ meetings where individuals are encouraged to share their views
Our specialist staff team
The Oaks is run by an experienced manager, who is supported by a team of trained support workers. We believe in a multidisciplinary approach to care and support, which is why we work closely with other professionals including social workers, psychiatrists, podiatrists and opticians. Our staff team has significant expertise in supporting people with autism and learning disabilities.
Living at The Oaks
We provide a bespoke plan of activities for each person which includes organising day trips to places of interest, as well as holidays that are further afield. We support individuals to have a fulfilled and active life, encouraging dreams, goals and aspirations. We promote a broad and wide range of activities on-site and in the community.
Our property is a modern detached dormer bungalow designed to provide a homely environment for adults with autism and learning disabilities.