About Mather Fold House
Mather Fold House is a six bed residential service in Higher Walton, Lancashire. This specialist autism service is for male and female adults aged 18 years and over, but we can also accommodate people who are 17 years and are going through transition from children’s services.
Located in the village of Higher Walton which is positioned between Blackburn and Preston, the service is close to the town centre and within walking distance of local amenities. It is also near to major bus routes, train stations and the M6 motorway which links it to major cities such as Manchester and Newcastle.
Our approach to care and support
This robust service brings together the best qualities of a local service with the support and expertise of an established and well respected service provider.
The staff team at Mather Fold House have significant expertise in supporting people with autism and are supported by a dedicated positive behaviour support specialist and Craegmoor’s specialist autism leads.
We create pathways that support individuals through residential to community living, delivering measurable results for both local authorities and the people who use our services. This, paired with our personalisation agenda, enables us to help the people we support to lead fulfilled, independent lives.
What it's like to live here
The specialist support provided at Mather Fold House includes:
- A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment, whilst offering robust furnishings
- Spacious lounge areas, beautiful grounds and access to the wider community
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- Intensive interactive communication and environment
- A large garden that is safe and private
- One-to-one specialist support as required
- Access to education and supported employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible
- Access to multi-professionals from allied healthcare practitioners and a dedicated positive behaviour support specialist.