The Whitby Scheme
Through our services at The Whitby Scheme, we provide leading person-centred support and facilities for 34 males and females over the age of 18 living with mental health problems and/or learning disabilities.
Our approach to support
We offer 24/7 specialist residential care in a safe, stimulating and rewarding environment. Our aim is to support individuals to achieve shared identified outcomes, improve daily living skills and for those who are medically stable, move on into supported living.
The service provides:
• 34 individual bedrooms across 4 houses
• Modern communal areas including lounges, fully-equipped kitchens and secure gardens
• Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
• Positive behaviour support and recovery model
• Supported living, respite and community outreach transitional services
• A multidisciplinary community team
• Staff trained in positive behaviour support, learning disabilities and mental health awareness
• Access to community projects, programmes and education
Living at The Whitby Scheme
The Whitby Scheme is situated in the picturesque seaside town of Whitby and consists of:
• Abbey House (all female, 6 beds)
• Anchor House (mixed, 8 beds)
• Haven House (all male, 6 beds)
• Endeavour House (mixed, 14 beds)
Anchor House and Haven House are located on the seafront and all are close to the town centre and local amenities. We provide opportunities for our residents to participate in a wide variety of community based activities including college courses, employment and social interests.
To make a referral or for further information on The Whitby Scheme, please call us today on 01947 878 518, alternatively click here to complete an enquiry form.