New Stead House, Redcar
Through our services at New Stead House, we provide leading person-centred support for men and women over the age of 18 living with autism.
Our approach to support
We offer 24/7 specialist residential care in a community setting. Our aim is to deliver an increasing sense of self-management and empowerment that will lead to more independent living.
The service provides:
• 17 en-suite bedrooms including transitional living apartments offering individuals a realistic stepping stone into more independent living
• A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment whilst offering robust furnishings
• Spacious lounge areas, beautiful grounds and access to the wider community
• Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
• Intensive interactive communication and environment
• Sensory room and garden
• One-to-one specialist support as required
• Access to education and supported employment opportunities
• Access to multi-professionals from psychology/OT/chiropody to a dedicated positive behaviour practitioner.
Living at New Stead House
New Stead House is situated in Redcar, which is an idyllic seaside resort in the North East known for its landscape, beaches and history. The service is close to the seafront, the town centre and within walking distance of local amenities. It is also near to major bus routes, train stations and motorways to access cities such as Leeds and Sheffield.
From the interior design to the external environment, New Stead House has been designed from the perspective of adults with autism. We also provide as part of the service, opportunities for residents to participate in a wide variety of community-based activities including college courses and social engagement.
To make a referral or for further information on New Stead House, please call us today on 01642 924 533, alternatively click here to complete an enquiry form.